Skip to main content

what I didn't say ...

... to the Mormon lads who came to my door last night (showing total disregard for my No Solicitors sign, by the way):

“Look, my 7-month-old daughter and I are watching A Bucket of Blood and Carla just discovered that Walter, the rising star of the local art scene, isn’t really a sculptor but a murderer who covers his victims in clay and she’s going to be next if she doesn’t get away from him. I really have to go.”


Which I could have said because it was totally true. Though it may have led to a phone call to DSS or somebody beseeching their creator to strike my house with lightning.

The way I figure it, I have the next 10 or 14 years to ride the Elmo/Hannah Montana/Justin Timberlake circuit
(or the 2018 equivalent) so I'm going to sneak in as many crappy Roger Corman films as I can in the meantime.

And you'll notice I didn't include "Bratz." Because, really, I don't want my daughter growing up believing "Skank" is a career choice.

“Life is an obscure hobo hitching a ride on the omnibus of art.”
(yes, we’re quoting and no, we don't know what it means)

Comments

esheehan said…
Oh but to see the looks on those Mormon's faces, THAT would have been priceless! But you're right, you don't really need a visit from DCHS, that would really hamper your movie viewing habits! :)

Erika
Anonymous said…
I HATE the Bratz. I raise my fist at them!

Trina
Anonymous said…
Sounds like Philip needs a night out. And don't knock the Elmo/hannah/justin days...those are the happy days - it's good to be numb ...Bratz will probably be gone when cutie Yuki gets old enough - but not to worry- something worse will be there to take their place! Care to speculate???
xo Gibs
(a recovering Sesame Street addict)
Eric said…
Wait,...Skank isn't a career choice. Damn!

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...