Skip to main content

30 seconds with Yuki, episode 54


In which we see what's for dinner.




BONUS: A distracted serenade.



Comments

Mimzilla said…
To translate for those who do not speak Japanese:

Kobuta(baby pig)-Tanuki (badger)-Kitsune(fox)-Neko (cat)

Then in second verse, you are supposed to string together all of their animal sounds. It is also a song that plays a word game where the last sound of the first word is the first sound of the next word, and so on.

-official translator
Anonymous said…
Yeah for Yuki! She is cute! She is smart and she is sooooo entrtaining. The highlight of my week! Yeah!
xoxo
gibs
Blythe said…
Ok, DIBS on babysitting once I am back in town.

Dibsdibsdibs.

You can find me in Seattle starting around May 22.

I mean, I could pretend you have a choice. But that would be a lie.
Gillian said…
Mimi: that is the best game song ever. And proves yet again why so often English FAILS.

Litza...want dibs on TWO KIDS AT THE SAME TIME????
Blythe said…
Gillian: Yes, please!
Anonymous said…
WAY better than "Ohhhhhh, The pilgrims are coming. . . " She must have the Katano singing genes!!

I love that girl.

Cio Cia Judes
Gillian said…
Litza, YOU'RE ON. Text the second you're in town. Or, you know, whenever's cool for you.

Everyone else: more singing!
careohline said…
Also available for babysitting needs this summer: Caroline Kangas
Anonymous said…
Hello? Philip? Home one day and no new Yuki videos!!! Sheesh!!
xoxo
gibs
Everywhereist said…
Dude, I can't believe how well the kid plays to an audience. I was lamenting that she'd grown out of the days of "Baby! Baby! Baby!" as she was answering your questions in perfect English. But then, right at the end, POW! She delivered.

Yuki is so awesome.
I heard "Kitsune"! I know that word! I just read Tom Robbins's Villa Incognito. It means fox, right? Right? Miss you guys. Can you come to our wedding?

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...