So last night we received an email from my sister Katie (Hi, Katie!) in Singapore, noting that October 7th is the one year anniversary of Yuki's first solid food. I'm not sure why she should have remembered that, but she did (must be a journalist thing). It was very sweet of her to remember, and it's true! We captured the moment here, if you want to get in the way-back machine and watch.
Anyway, earlier last night during dinner, Yuki was unusually picky about her food. I just chalked it up to snack being too late in the day, gave her a little extra milk before bed and figured we'd try again the next day.
This morning she refused to eat anything. She drank a little milk, which was good, but she pushed everything away. Bananas? Nope. Blueberries? Nope. Oatmeal? Nope. The table was covered with food that she normally loves and, except for a few bites of fruit I tricked her into, she wouldn't touch any of it. Mimi even tried cheerios in milk (a rare treat but a certified winner) and Yuki wasn't having any of that either. Her mood was good, she didn't seem to have a fever, we didn't know what was wrong.
A little later this morning, as I was coming back downstairs I heard a splashing noise in the kitchen. It sounded like somebody was pouring something on the floor. I asked from the living room, "Did she get a hold of her cereal?" Mimi replied, in a particularly understated way she has when things are going wrong (that I also find hilarious), "No, she's throwing up."
Oh. Not "threw up." "Throwing up." In the act. And Mimi got to stand there and watch it. Apparently Yuki looked at it as if to say,"What the hell is this?" Then we had to go on doggie defense to get Trixie out of the kitchen (although it would have saved us from having to clean it, I suppose, but how low rent do you think we are?).
Sigh.
So there you have it. On the one year anniversary of her first solid food, we celebrated with her first large-scale vomiting incident. Parenthood is awesome.
Anyway, earlier last night during dinner, Yuki was unusually picky about her food. I just chalked it up to snack being too late in the day, gave her a little extra milk before bed and figured we'd try again the next day.
This morning she refused to eat anything. She drank a little milk, which was good, but she pushed everything away. Bananas? Nope. Blueberries? Nope. Oatmeal? Nope. The table was covered with food that she normally loves and, except for a few bites of fruit I tricked her into, she wouldn't touch any of it. Mimi even tried cheerios in milk (a rare treat but a certified winner) and Yuki wasn't having any of that either. Her mood was good, she didn't seem to have a fever, we didn't know what was wrong.
A little later this morning, as I was coming back downstairs I heard a splashing noise in the kitchen. It sounded like somebody was pouring something on the floor. I asked from the living room, "Did she get a hold of her cereal?" Mimi replied, in a particularly understated way she has when things are going wrong (that I also find hilarious), "No, she's throwing up."
Oh. Not "threw up." "Throwing up." In the act. And Mimi got to stand there and watch it. Apparently Yuki looked at it as if to say,"What the hell is this?" Then we had to go on doggie defense to get Trixie out of the kitchen (although it would have saved us from having to clean it, I suppose, but how low rent do you think we are?).
Sigh.
So there you have it. On the one year anniversary of her first solid food, we celebrated with her first large-scale vomiting incident. Parenthood is awesome.
Comments
xo
gibs
Give her my sympathy and my love.