Skip to main content

what we're worrying about this week

1. Hair

Will she ever have more? I trust that she will at some point, though Mimi didn't have a lot of hair when she was little and I think one of my sisters (Judy?) was pretty bald until she was about three years old (they both have plenty of hair now). Mimi teases me because I keep saying "It's really coming in" and I've been saying it for about six months and it hasn't changed. Whenever I see kids with a lot of hair or hear friends with kids the same age talk about their kid's first haircut, I think, "Oh, how nice for you." Sometimes I just pretend she has an adorable little pixie cut and then I feel better.

2. Scarface


No.


Sigh. No. Come on!


There it is. See that little pink smudge on her forehead. That's what's left of her head wound from a few weeks ago. Much like I keep saying her hair is growing in hopes that if I keep saying it it will be true, Mimi keeps saying, "I think her scar is really healing."
I'm not convinced. I want it to go away and I should really just relax because I think it is very slowly fading, but I can't stop looking at it. Maybe it will fade away as her hair grows in and I can get on to fretting about other things. Like ...

3. Mommy's Job
Even in flush times, the theatre just scrapes by. Recent exciting events in the world economy have had a less-than-positive impact on Mimi's place of work. At the risk of sounding like some internet crank, grousing about the gub'mint, if somebody would just sweep up the loose bills falling out of the giant sacks of money being thrown at failing banks and send it to YTN, they'd be in clover for a long time. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the rescue package for our beloved little theatre will materialize, and that the furlow planned for March will be the only one. Ugh. Brother, can you spare 10 million dimes?

In less worrisome news, Yuki continues to develop into a total weirdo. On Sunday she insisted on wearing my pants and then spent twenty minutes interviewing me using the old pets.com puppet (really not sure how I ended up with that).


Some secrets were also being told. Or, at least I think that's what was going on.



Finally, she is starting to sing along with some of her favorite CDs. Sometimes she sorta lip-synchs and sometimes she croaks out notes. Here she is favoring us with the opening note of "Amado Mio" by Pink Martini, then running away. (Sometimes I blog just for our friend Lisa.)




All right, go to bed.

Comments

Lisa Tucker said…
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!

i just watched at work and did that choke/laugh/snort thing you do at work when you're watching non work related stuff and trying not to guffaw.

i love you guys!!!
Anonymous said…
OMG! The dance is the best part!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Everywhereist said…
Drawstring used as suspenders? Nice touch.
smatano said…
Good eye, DeRuiter.

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...