Well, another Halloween come and gone and still no sign of the Great Pumpkin. We remain hopeful.
In the meantime, we have been enjoying the Ottim Time.
We had a festive Halloween celebration, complete with fancy hand-me-down Halloween outfit from a parent at the theater.
Not pictured: the princess bike they gave us.
We still need her to figure out the pedals on her tricycle.
Mimi had to work on Halloween night so we did a little daylight trick-or-treating at the swanky outdoor shopping type place. I think we used to call them "shopping centers" but I'm sure there's a more "upscale" name for them that I would refuse to use if I knew it.
A good time was had by all. No, seriously.
Not pictured, the antenna that she pulled off her costume on the car ride home from trick-or-treating.
So that was that. Next up: JAPAN! I'm certain that will be a pleasant trip without a single incident of note.
See you next time!
In the meantime, we have been enjoying the Ottim Time.
We had a festive Halloween celebration, complete with fancy hand-me-down Halloween outfit from a parent at the theater.
Not pictured: the princess bike they gave us.We still need her to figure out the pedals on her tricycle.
A good time was had by all. No, seriously.Because time was tight and because Mama has access to a huge supply of costumes, kiddo was a caterpillar this year.
The balloon, though inedible, was the prize of the day
It was all over after that.
Not pictured: the dinner she powered through while staring at the chocolate across the table from her.
The balloon, though inedible, was the prize of the dayAnd because she is savvy enough this year that her getting the candy and then Dadoo eating it was not going to fly, we took a giant step out on to the slippery slope of CANDY!
It was all over after that.
Not pictured: the dinner she powered through while staring at the chocolate across the table from her.Never thought I'd be the "one piece a day" parent, but after she got up on Sunday and asked for candy for breakfast, I hid the rest of the stash. Once again, I have my standards and they are double.
Some people take a picture of their kid on the first day of school every year. We have fallen into the habit of taking her picture on Halloween every year. So there.
Some people take a picture of their kid on the first day of school every year. We have fallen into the habit of taking her picture on Halloween every year. So there.
Not pictured, the antenna that she pulled off her costume on the car ride home from trick-or-treating.So that was that. Next up: JAPAN! I'm certain that will be a pleasant trip without a single incident of note.
See you next time!



Comments
I have adopted the Audrey Smith method of doling out Halloween candy: Eat it until it is gone! And it almost is!! A few more hearty breakfasts of Nestle's crunch and Starbursts...
Judy
Mother of three hyper on sugar kids (waiting for the crash)
Also, she is effing cute. I can't believe you held off on candy this long. Beware, though - my mom never had any candy or sweets in the house, which is why, as an adult, I devour them by the bucketful.
xo
gibsey
trust me!!