Skip to main content

the quotable kid

It's been a busy-ish week around these parts. Somebody besides Mama decided to do a show and has been in tech all week while working all day and is generally getting his ass handed to him on a daily basis. I used to say I stopped doing theater regularly because I'm lazy. Now that I'm doing a show, I realize that I'm really missing being home with Kiddo.

This is what happens when she goes to "work" with Mama.

Please understand that I also miss Kiddo's Mama, but Mama is awake when I get home so we still get to hang out.
There have been days this week where I only get to see her adorableness for an hour before rushing off to my next thing. I'm having fun working on the show, but I miss being around for dinner and bath and tuck-in time. So I am bummed to be missing some stuff, but Mimi keeps me pretty well updated via text and the Kid never fails to delight when I am around.

Except it might be a little soon for makeup.

Let's see, apparently she climbed a tree in the playground at school. She was kind of hanging around it looking suspicious and her Sensei told her to get away from it, twice, then turned around a minute later and the Kid was up the tree sitting on a branch with a look that said, "What?"

She's been reading this stack of Dr. Slump comics a lot lately, too.

This morning Mimi was drying her hair and the kid walked in, sans culottes, and announced "I peed." Apparently she had to go so she just went. Climbed onto the toilet and took care of business. That feels like a milestone I should be making a bigger deal about. Later this evening the kid suddenly dragged her portable frog potty into the kitchen and sat down. Okay, so she also peed all over her dress, but she made the effort all by her onesie, so there's that.

Taking notes for her blog where she will write about what I do in the bathroom.

And lately she's been saying some stuff that just makes us scratch our heads.

After being told to finish her hard-boiled egg she had requested for lunch: "It's not an egg. It's a pine cone."

After a particularly tough disagreement and time-out session, she picked up her toy cell phone, dialed a number and uttered, "Hello? I'm crying and I need some ice to help it so goodbye."

This is the ice she got.

On the way home from school after the tree-climbing incident she looked out the window and proclaimed: "I want to go up in the sky and ride on a cloud."

Don't we all, kid?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I, too, would like to go up in the sky and ride on a cloud!! Love you. Love the Yuki!!
xo
gibs
Geraldine said…
She's a poetic little miss, isn't she? I like that you finished this post on a high note, so that one day, while reading this, she won't completely die of embarrassment.
A.J. said…
I love the quotes--keep them coming. "It's not an egg. It's a pine cone." Is pure genius. She does need her own blog (but please, please, have her refrain from talking about you in the bathroom. That, um, too much information).

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...