This kid.

Oh. Hello. We didn't see you there. Sorry that we've been a bit absent of late. Mimi is in rehearsal (show opens next week!) and Kiddo has decided that going to bed is for suckers, so by the time she finally falls asleep most nights, Dadoo is too tired or too frantically trying to do the things he was going to do at 9:00 that he now has to do at 10:30 to do much in the way of blog updating. I'm a sorry excuse for a writer (yet I still get paid to do it all day at work, so I have that going for me) and I do hope you will forgive me. Our lack of news is no reflection on how we feel about those of you still visiting. We love you both.
Hard as it may be to believe, we are getting set to close the book on having a 3-year-old. Kiddo is moments away from the big 4. Interestingly, to me at least, is that it feels like she has been 3 forever. It's been pretty great, since the years leading up to 3 went by in about an hour. Not sure what accounts for that shift in perception. Someone suggested maybe it's because her major milestones (eating, walking, talking) all come so rapidly that it feels like a different kid all the time. At 3 the changes happen more gradually or something. I don't know. Just today we were talking about being almost 4 and then she said, "And then I'm going to be 5" and I asked her to please stop.
Speaking of things that need to stop. I picked her up at preschool the other day and this was happening:

What the hell kind of place is this? Seriously, I don't usually take pictures at her preschool but this moment was just too damn weird to not document. The two lads in the picture have been attending the school with her from pretty much the beginning. They are hilarious kids and Kiddo really likes them and they really like her (we like them, too, especially Mr. Sweater Vest who is already like a 50 year old man). I think she said that she was a princess and they were bringing her food. Sounds about right.
When not being waited on hand-and-foot, Kiddo is big into coloring and has, we think, become quite good at it. Mimi thinks it might be because she "reads" a lot of comic books so maybe she is developing a good eye for coloring. Sure. I accept that. We do read a lot of the funny books around here. Look, here's our little angel doing just that:

And to think, just 20 minutes prior, I was staring into the face of this:

She's an odd duck, but we wouldn't have it any other way.
There's lots of other stuff happening, too. Her use of, and interest in, language is exploding. Often to the confusion and wonderment of her parents. And she is showing a tremendous musical sense which will be interesting to see develop. If she has Mimi's musicality and my volume, she could be huge on Broadway. But we'll explore those topics another time. She actually passed out at 9:00 tonight and I still have to have some quality comic book time of my own before I pack it in.
Thanks for coming by. See you in the FUTURE!

Oh. Hello. We didn't see you there. Sorry that we've been a bit absent of late. Mimi is in rehearsal (show opens next week!) and Kiddo has decided that going to bed is for suckers, so by the time she finally falls asleep most nights, Dadoo is too tired or too frantically trying to do the things he was going to do at 9:00 that he now has to do at 10:30 to do much in the way of blog updating. I'm a sorry excuse for a writer (yet I still get paid to do it all day at work, so I have that going for me) and I do hope you will forgive me. Our lack of news is no reflection on how we feel about those of you still visiting. We love you both.
Hard as it may be to believe, we are getting set to close the book on having a 3-year-old. Kiddo is moments away from the big 4. Interestingly, to me at least, is that it feels like she has been 3 forever. It's been pretty great, since the years leading up to 3 went by in about an hour. Not sure what accounts for that shift in perception. Someone suggested maybe it's because her major milestones (eating, walking, talking) all come so rapidly that it feels like a different kid all the time. At 3 the changes happen more gradually or something. I don't know. Just today we were talking about being almost 4 and then she said, "And then I'm going to be 5" and I asked her to please stop.
Speaking of things that need to stop. I picked her up at preschool the other day and this was happening:

What the hell kind of place is this? Seriously, I don't usually take pictures at her preschool but this moment was just too damn weird to not document. The two lads in the picture have been attending the school with her from pretty much the beginning. They are hilarious kids and Kiddo really likes them and they really like her (we like them, too, especially Mr. Sweater Vest who is already like a 50 year old man). I think she said that she was a princess and they were bringing her food. Sounds about right.
When not being waited on hand-and-foot, Kiddo is big into coloring and has, we think, become quite good at it. Mimi thinks it might be because she "reads" a lot of comic books so maybe she is developing a good eye for coloring. Sure. I accept that. We do read a lot of the funny books around here. Look, here's our little angel doing just that:

And to think, just 20 minutes prior, I was staring into the face of this:

She's an odd duck, but we wouldn't have it any other way.
There's lots of other stuff happening, too. Her use of, and interest in, language is exploding. Often to the confusion and wonderment of her parents. And she is showing a tremendous musical sense which will be interesting to see develop. If she has Mimi's musicality and my volume, she could be huge on Broadway. But we'll explore those topics another time. She actually passed out at 9:00 tonight and I still have to have some quality comic book time of my own before I pack it in.
Thanks for coming by. See you in the FUTURE!
Comments
Thinking of that note, it does seem like it went by in a matter of hours.