A few weeks ago, Mimi and I were out for one reason or another and Kiddo stayed home with a babysitter. Now, we've been graced with a string of truly wonderful babysitters. I know what a source of stress it can be and I don't mean to boast of our good fortune, rather I just wish to acknowledge how that in the babysitter lottery, we hit all the numbers. On this particular evening, Kiddo's babysitter was a fine young lady named Rhiannon (and for you Fleetwood Mac fans, yes she was and yes she knows).
Rhiannon is a former student of Mimi's at the theater. We've known her since she was about... eight? Maybe nine. Anyway, she's all growed up now and home from college for the summer so we, naturally, roped her into some childcare while she's in town.
Anyway, when we came home on whatever night it was, we asked how things went and Rhiannon said, "We made a pop-up book." She admitted that as soon as she offered the activity to Kiddo, she realized she had no idea how to make a pop-up book but, ever-resourceful person that she is, she figured it out. Of course, on subsequent visits she was forced to make more pop-up books so now we have about four of them. So, thanks, Rhiannon.
And because you have read through my meanderings up to this point, I will now favor you with a couple of them. Please note, you can click any of the photos to embiggen them, should you wish.
The machine made a toy for Snow White.
The woman (Red Queen as all) rode to the castle on her squirrel.
Okay, she may have lost the thread of that one at some point. Or maybe I'm not smart enough to follow where she's leading. We'll just leave it there for now.
Next up is an adaptation of an adaptation. We've been watching a lot of Strawberry Shortcake lately (which is as awesome as it sounds) and recently we saw an episode where the 'cake gang did their own version of Cinderella. So, without further ado, we present Kiddo's adaptation (written under her pen name) of Strabaella. Oh, wait, some ado: I believe this is the one that, due to time constraints, Rhiannon drew some backgrounds for. Okay, carry on.
Rhiannon is a former student of Mimi's at the theater. We've known her since she was about... eight? Maybe nine. Anyway, she's all growed up now and home from college for the summer so we, naturally, roped her into some childcare while she's in town.
Anyway, when we came home on whatever night it was, we asked how things went and Rhiannon said, "We made a pop-up book." She admitted that as soon as she offered the activity to Kiddo, she realized she had no idea how to make a pop-up book but, ever-resourceful person that she is, she figured it out. Of course, on subsequent visits she was forced to make more pop-up books so now we have about four of them. So, thanks, Rhiannon.
And because you have read through my meanderings up to this point, I will now favor you with a couple of them. Please note, you can click any of the photos to embiggen them, should you wish.
First up, is Kiddo's re-telling of Snow White. The illustrations are by the child, while Rhiannon did construction and transcription. (Rhiannon, if you're reading, please feel free to correct any of my information should I have it wrong.)
The woman (Red Queen as all) rode to the castle on her squirrel.
Next up is an adaptation of an adaptation. We've been watching a lot of Strawberry Shortcake lately (which is as awesome as it sounds) and recently we saw an episode where the 'cake gang did their own version of Cinderella. So, without further ado, we present Kiddo's adaptation (written under her pen name) of Strabaella. Oh, wait, some ado: I believe this is the one that, due to time constraints, Rhiannon drew some backgrounds for. Okay, carry on.

Comments
They are precious!!
You will have to ask Yuki in 10 years or so if she remembers those books and if she does, what the heck were they about!!
Keep sharing. I love you guys!
Judy
lt xo