Some day I hope to be able to write a book based on one of the titles that Kiddo comes up with for things. Both of you may remember "Fairy Dreams, I Love You" and the delightful and not-at-all-salacious "Put Your Legs In Front of Me" from the days when Kiddo's imaginary sister, Hoddie, was directing musicals at her theater in the town of Friendship (where everybody smokes, by the way). Today when I picked her up from school there was a drawing in her cubby. I asked her what it was and she said, "Oh, that's instructions for the rainbow machine. Don't plug in the red one because that's the poison plug."
Anyway, lately I have been going through one of my attempts at getting back into some kind of shape that is not "pear." So I've been running a few days a week. Last week we had a nice day (first in a looooong time, it seemed) so I decided to go for a run after work. Kiddo wanted to tag along. I thought about it for a second, knowing that if she came along that I would get a "run" in. Least ways not one with any real cardio/sweaty/calorie-burning benefit. But then I remembered how lucky I am that she still wants to hang out with me so I said she could come along.
The first thing she said was, "I have to go put on a running dress." Always a lady. So we went upstairs and got a cotton dress and put some shorts on underneath it. Then she picked a pair of socks that were "good socks for running because they are short." Then she grabbed her sunglasses and we hit the bricks.
She actually ran quite a ways without stopping. And she totally left me in the dust for the first hundred yards or so. Hey, I'm hauling better than 200 pounds on 44 year old knees. The fact that I was even out there is a miracle.
When we got to the busy street at the bottom of the hill she took my hand and we ran across. Then, much to my eternal delight, she didn't let go. We "ran" for about 10 minutes holding hands. I swooned. If I could bottle that feeling and sell it, I would make a billion dollars.
But then she needed her hands for the flower-picking portion of the run.
I did not get much of a real workout, but I don't care. I will take her running with me any time.
That was one of the good days. I don't feel like writing about the bad days. Not now anyway.
There is a great deal about rainbows that I do not understand.
Anyway, lately I have been going through one of my attempts at getting back into some kind of shape that is not "pear." So I've been running a few days a week. Last week we had a nice day (first in a looooong time, it seemed) so I decided to go for a run after work. Kiddo wanted to tag along. I thought about it for a second, knowing that if she came along that I would get a "run" in. Least ways not one with any real cardio/sweaty/calorie-burning benefit. But then I remembered how lucky I am that she still wants to hang out with me so I said she could come along.
The first thing she said was, "I have to go put on a running dress." Always a lady. So we went upstairs and got a cotton dress and put some shorts on underneath it. Then she picked a pair of socks that were "good socks for running because they are short." Then she grabbed her sunglasses and we hit the bricks.
I asked her to "make a running pose." I think she only heard "pose."
That'll learn me.
That'll learn me.
She actually ran quite a ways without stopping. And she totally left me in the dust for the first hundred yards or so. Hey, I'm hauling better than 200 pounds on 44 year old knees. The fact that I was even out there is a miracle.
When we got to the busy street at the bottom of the hill she took my hand and we ran across. Then, much to my eternal delight, she didn't let go. We "ran" for about 10 minutes holding hands. I swooned. If I could bottle that feeling and sell it, I would make a billion dollars.
But then she needed her hands for the flower-picking portion of the run.
Why, yes, Dadoo did hold all the flowers she picked. I'm her butler and her sherpa.
Then we ran a little more before she said she had to pee and that was it. I am happy to report that we made it the last two blocks without an accident.Run, run, run. Hold it, hold it, hold it. Run, run run.
I did not get much of a real workout, but I don't care. I will take her running with me any time.
That was one of the good days. I don't feel like writing about the bad days. Not now anyway.




Comments
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
xo
la
Love,
KT
Love it!
xo
gibs
lt
xo