Skip to main content

all in the timing

Yuki enters master bedroom. Philip has already gone off to work. Mimi is sleeping. 

Yuki: Mama, can I watch something? (The standard line by Yuki when she walks into our room)


Mimi: Yes, but we must first cuddle.


Yuki: (climbing in bed) All right.


Pause

Yuki: Mama, who painted that picture on the wall?


Mimi: Oh, that is a poster of a painting. It was painted by an artist named Chagall. He was famous.

Yuki: I want to be a painter like that some day.

Mimi: (smiling) I think you should. That would be great.

Yuki: I want to paint you a beautiful picture that you can have in your bedroom with a frame around it.


Mimi: (gasps from beautiful words coming out of daughter's mouth) Awwww, I would love that.


Yuki: It makes me happy to do nice things for you, Mama.


Mimi: (fighting back tears from magic that is her child) 


Pause

Yuki: Now, can I watch TV?


WHO IS SHE?


A Fancy Nancy wannabe. That's who.





Comments

Anonymous said…
Fancy nancy is a wannabe Yuki!
Xo
Gibs

Popular posts from this blog

panicky interlude

This is not the promised "Magical Ponies" post. Apologies. Instead, this is the "You Negligent Monster" post. Because Kiddo is in a Japanese daycare, parents are asked to remove their shoes before coming in. No problem. I have a pair of loafers that I hate that I wear on pickup days so I can get in and out more quickly. Most days while I'm putting my shoes on, Yuki will run away from me and I will make noisy protestations and she will giggle and come back. Today, however, there was the running and the noisy protestations and the giggling and a splat. I guess she tripped ("running away" involves going around a corner where I can't see her) because she was crying and pulling herself up off the floor when I got to her. "No big deal" as she likes to say (she does, really, it's friggin' adorable). She had a little red line across the bridge of her nose but there was no blood. She asked for a Band Aid and I told her we'd get her one...