Skip to main content

now I know...

that I can go with 4 to 6 hours of sleep if I have to

that sleepy and hungry also make me cranky

that I can balance home and work in Japanese and English

that I am now more forgetful because of the reasons listed above. Including eating breakfast

that I am more patient that I thought

that I am more impatient than I thought

that I need to make well thought out plans, but be ready to throw it out the window

that I met people I wouldn't have otherwise

that our words have consequences

that I can be nurturing and protective

that I can be thoughtless and rash

that I have a really good teammate

that my priorities have become clear

and so much more.


But most importantly, 

I truly know about the work and thought and love my parents put into in raising me.

Thank you for the last 6 years that grew us into better people. There is no one else in the world who calls us Mama and Daddy.

Happy 6th Birthday, kid. You taught us so very much and will continue to, no doubt.




 Japan post to follow.



PS-Pat Williams, this one was for you. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes.
Love to your trio.
xoxo
la
Lisa Tucker said…
This is the best post ever in the history of humankind. xo

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...