Skip to main content

this is halloween

On Tuesday October 30th, we went to the Cranium Halloween party. We won a prize (Ghostbusters 1 & 2 on DVD).

I don't know how to spell "Aaaack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack"

Well blow me down!

Hello Olive.

Then on Wednesday October 31st, Mimi dressed Yuki up as Pippi Longstocking and was going to take her down to U-Village but the refrigerator repair dude she was waiting for never showed up so we had to settle for showing off this costume to a few trick-or-treaters (one family was actually reading the books!). Mimi is koo-koo with the felt.

That's our porch with our jack o'lanterns and the sign we put out every year


And now, a joke that I think only my brother Daniel will get:
"Come Peppi Longsocks! Let us play jump the weed!"

Then we had some trick-or-treaters. Then we went to bed. That is all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I AM GOING TO EAT HER!

Also, your Cranium costumes were a really really good idea.

Double idea, I'm reading a book right now in which the main character has the same name as your daughter. We'll see how it turns out...

g.
Anonymous said…
Um...that third paragraph should begin "double also." Apparently my fingers type in T9 sans proofreading...

g.

(I am still going to EAT HER--just too delicious!)
smatano said…
If you ate her, your baby in your tummy will be very alarmed...

M
Jess said…
So this is very odd. I had people nominate costume ideas for me this year, then I had a primary election on their ideas to narrow the field, and then a final election of 3 most popular costume ideas. Yes, elaborate I know. Anyway, the top three? Olive Oyl, Pippi Longstocking, and Rosie the Riveter. Rosie won, and thank goodness, because I can't compete with the Yu-Mi costume team. Oh, yeah: Philip looks rad too.
Eric said…
I'm most excited about the welcome great pumpkin sign. But i do enjoy the popeye them as well..."I stands all stands all I can stands and I cant stands no more" or something...
Happy Halloween
Anonymous said…
Uh - okay, weird. Someone here at work read the comments left by "g" above, and thought it was me. Consequently, they also think I am now pregnant. Neither of things are true. Sigh.

-Geraldine
smatano said…
FINALLY, the rumor gets going. tee hee. No, the "g" above is not Geraldine from Cranium, for anyone who knows her. Geraldine, as far as anyone knows, is not knocked up.

It is a different "g" whose name is not Geraldine.

-Philip
Anonymous said…
Thank you. Please tell Courtney. She now believes that there is a bun, located inside my oven.

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...