Hello and welcome, once again, to Daddy/Daughter Weekend Movie Update! I know some of you were worried that perhaps we had abandoned our weekend ritual of watching horrible public access movies recorded in the wee hours of the morning. And when I say "some of you" I mean "not any of you." Regardless, we were recently treated to the Arch Hall, Sr. cinematic opus EEGAH! starring a young Richard Kiel ("Jaws" from Moonraker for you James Bond fans) as EEGAH the last of his tribe of prehistoric cave dwellers who avoided detection in the Arizona desert until, oh, about 1963 when local high-school girl (played by a woman who was 32 if she was a day) almost runs him over with her car which prompts her father (played by the director and aforementioned Arch Hall, Sr.) to go into the desert to investigate. When he doesn't return, it's up to local high-school girl's boyfriend (played by the pig-faced Arch Hall, Jr. -- which made the movie needlessly confusing) to take his dune buggy out to the desert and see what's up. Some stuff happens, Arch Hall, Jr. plays some sweet, sweet rock 'n' roll on his guitar, local high-school girl is captured by EEGAH, she responds by giving him a shave, father is found, they escape, EEGAH is jealous of pig-face Arch Hall, Jr., they run around the desert for a while, then I think EEGAH died. Or pig-face killed him. Not important, because it was soon followed by Blood Creature which was basically The Island of Dr. Moreau if Dr. Moreau only had enough money to make one creature and settled on an adorable half-man, half-kitty. Most of it took place at night thus was too dark to make sense of but at some point the ship-wrecked American soldier (who's only purpose in the movie up to this point was to sleep with the doctor's wife) shot the creature who then sailed away in a boat which was the only way off the island. Oh, and I think the doctor died. Did I mention it was difficult to make sense of? Finally we watched Mr. Robinson Crusoe starring Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. as a man going tiger-hunting in Bengal who decides to swim to a desert island to live and then spends the rest of the movie laughing at his own jokes, talking to a dog, befriending a monkey, and enslaving a turtle. Then he meets a jungle woman who he takes back to New York where she becomes a star in the Zigfeld Follies. At some point Yuki is going to stop wanting to watch these with me. That will be a sad day.
Mimi makes fun of me because I resisted getting the TiVo for about a year but now it's usually clogged up with bad monster movies and old episodes of Star Trek. I heart TiVo. I heart Mimi, too. We also record a lot of Sesame Street which Yuki seems to enjoy almost as much as we do.
Mimi and I have taken turns over the last couple of weeks being sicker than anything (yay, strep throat!) but Yuki seems impervious to human illness for which we are all glad.
Yuki continues to improve at sitting up unassisted. Though we still stick close by as she does sometimes get excited and fling herself backwards.
not pictured: the actual amount of dog hair on that rugSometimes we stick her in her playpen (which nobody calls them anymore, except maybe me but then I also seem to remember when the plural form of "monkey" was "monkies" but now everybody looks at me like I'm crazy when I say that) but we add a little back support because even when it's padded she scares the bejeesus out of herself when she tips over.
So I've always called them playpens, but now I guess they are called "pack & play" but around here we mostly just call it "baby jail."
And Yuki's head continues to grow unabated.
Finally, we are happy to report that since the last "oops" incident, Yuki has been injury-free.





Comments
Congratulations Amy!!
What the hell kind of OBGYN you people have in Poatland that it took you 25 weeks to be sure...?!
M
LOVE the photo of toked up Yuki!
Yuki is the cuuuutest. Is her room finished? How bout some pics of that??
xo
gibs
Oh and Congrats Tim and Amy!