Skip to main content

So. You're Catholic. Now what?

On Sunday, we had ourselves an old-fashioned baby dunkin'! Despite my ongoing ambivalence about my own Catholicism, it was a really nice ceremony and I was glad my parents were there and sorry that Mimi's parents weren't and moved by the whole event to the point that I might even go back to St. Therese some Sunday to see what's going on. Don't tell my Mom. (Hi Mom!)

So, Yuki is now officially one of the flock. Let the skipping of church and joining Youth Group to meet cute boys commence!

And now, pictures (all taken by friend, and crackerjack photographer, Erika):

Our friend Ellen, who chose not to feed her daughter before her baptism more than 20 years ago and still regrets the decision, suggested we feed Yuki beforehand to ensure angelic behavior. It worked! Thank you, Ellen.

The dunk! This was Deacon Greg's first baptism (Yuki was number 5 of 7 kids that day) and he didn't lose a one. Nice work, Deacon Greg.

Sin-free and loving it!

Look! Even my foot is Catholic!

Philip's parents stood in for Philip's brother and his wife who are Yuki's godparents. If you ever wondered, "What will Philip look like in 40 years?" Here is your answer.

Yuki nailed the all-important first step for any Catholic: the church giggle.

I was told there would be doughnuts. Where are the doughnuts?


Comments

Anonymous said…
shhh... don't tell anyone... I might head back to St. Therese's one day, too... I think it was the drums. And Yuki, of course, she was the best dunker ever!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations Yuki! What a truly impressive dunking! Welcome to a lifetime of guilt! (maybe you should change your blog name?) We are working on getting our little sinner washed clean someday soon, too...
Anonymous said…
How do her eyelashes do that? Are you using RevlonBaby?
Anonymous said…
No "Thirty Seconds of Dunkin'?"
Eli said…
Mazel tov...next stop - Judaism?

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...