Skip to main content

the next move

Well, Daddy went out and got himself one of those whaddayacallems ... jobs, that's it. Starting tomorrow (July 14th) I'll be working as a copywriter at an advertising start-up. It's a 3-month contract position but the general feeling at the company is that there is enough to do that the contract will be extended.

So what that means (besides, "I can afford to pay for insurance for me and my kid!") is that the 4-month lay-off/vacation/stay-at-home-dad/freelance-writer boondoggle is finally at an end. While I guess it will be nice to have gainful employment, I will miss the long, meandering days at home with kid and dog and wife (when she was available). And while I feel lucky to have found a gig in the current economy, I maintain that working is for chumps.

Please to enjoy the "What We Did This Half-Summer" photo presentation.


"Why's it so damn hot?"
Yes, Yuki swears like a Teamster.


How hot was it?
It was "eat blueberries in your underpants" hot.


It was "spend the afternoon in the pool" hot.
Daddy! Pay attention!

Nothing like a little summer reading.

Once in a while, Yuki sleep-eats. Seriously. This is one of those times.
We took her upstairs for a nap shortly after capturing the moment.

We love a parade!
(No, Mimi's tattoos are not real. She wore them for the opening of her show -- PIGS! The Rock Musical -- the night before)

"Look, you just better get used to this, all right?"

Oh, this past Saturday (July 12) marked the 10th anniversary of the day these two nutty nutcakes got themselves all married up.

This photo was in an album with the caption, "We're not having kids."
Oops.

Comments

Anonymous said…
glad you did - have a kid that is! and how come you two haven't changed in 10 years? you look mahvelous!

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...