Skip to main content

today's lunch

Mimi was home with Yuki this morning and sent me this picture with the heading, "Today's Lunch." I don't know why it amuses me so much, but I think it's because it provides a tiny glimpse into how kiddo's mind works. Or, more accurately, a glimpse of her mind at work. I guess I just love that she put this together and laid it out and included cutlery (and put it all on the footrest of her high chair). The power of make-believe is strong in this one.


Also, it is just a little bit biblical.

Comments

Michelle said…
She really shouldn't leave that bread just sitting out. It'll get stale.
Anonymous said…
You know how Jesus fed the 5000 with (what was it?) five loaves and two fishes, don't you?

He fed all the kiddies in high-chairs and with the scraps they threw down, he had more than enough for all the rest!

If you've ever cleaned up under a high chair, you know!

She is a wise one this child'o'yours!.

Judy

Popular posts from this blog

panicky interlude

This is not the promised "Magical Ponies" post. Apologies. Instead, this is the "You Negligent Monster" post. Because Kiddo is in a Japanese daycare, parents are asked to remove their shoes before coming in. No problem. I have a pair of loafers that I hate that I wear on pickup days so I can get in and out more quickly. Most days while I'm putting my shoes on, Yuki will run away from me and I will make noisy protestations and she will giggle and come back. Today, however, there was the running and the noisy protestations and the giggling and a splat. I guess she tripped ("running away" involves going around a corner where I can't see her) because she was crying and pulling herself up off the floor when I got to her. "No big deal" as she likes to say (she does, really, it's friggin' adorable). She had a little red line across the bridge of her nose but there was no blood. She asked for a Band Aid and I told her we'd get her one...