Skip to main content

sometimes a gimme

I actually had a different post planned for this evening. One based on the curry catastrophe that occurred before dinner that left a certain toddler on the floor under a pile of curry and rice and ended with a certain father feeling like a superhero because he cleaned up said toddler and made more curry. But sometimes ... sometimes somebody discovers a bag of swim diapers from last summer and wants to put one on over her pants and when they won't fit, a certain father who may or may not be on his second glass of wine before dinner might think it is a good idea to wear a swim diaper as a hat so he enthusiastically asks, "Hat?" and before mother can register her formal complaint about this decision, the aforementioned toddler is jumping up and down chanting, "Hat! Hat! Hat!" and, well, the results speak for themselves.

"Got it? Okay, excuse me, I have to take this call on my Ice Phone."

"Hello? No, it's fine. No, not a head injury."

"Can I get a minute here? Seriously!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you like that hat? I do! I like that party hat!!!
xoxo
gibs
Jennifer said…
I am seriously buckled over in hysterics. You are all my favorite.
A.J. said…
Wait, those are awesome, but I have one question: do they make them in adult sizes? Cause I wanna be like Yuki and wear one of those.
smatano said…
The toddler size are surprisingly stretchy. The adult sizes are far less cute.
Lisa Tucker said…
I need to know how many overrides of Philip decisions that Mimi gets now after THE HAT incident...
esheehan said…
I think it's time for another "Hat Party"!
smatano said…
Lisa, all of them.
Everywhereist said…
Oh sweet lord. I thought that she had seriously, seriously hurt herself and needed both an Elmo bandage and an ice pack. Thank you for the explanation.

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...