Skip to main content

wild woman of backyardeo

So, summer finally showed its stupid face. After seemingly endless days of cloudy, rainy, crappy crap, the mercury topped 90 today (that's over 32 Celsius, for you Celsius types) which means our house will be 90 degrees until about midnight, because that's what our house does.

So, hot outside, hot inside. Do we have a pool? Nope. We just have a water table that we bought last year so Kiddo could make splashy splashy. You've probably seen one. Stands about two feet high. Maybe eight inches deep. Maybe. So what does our daughter the genius do? This.

Lord, child. We get the hint!

Not without its charms, but it lacks a certain excitement. Well, the hose is already out, so why not try this on for size?

Who needs to floss?

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. What happens if I combine these two brilliant ideas? Take that, garage ... or neighbor ... or neighbor's dog!

Mimi sent me this picture at work, with the subject line,
"This is what is happening."

Despite the heat, somebody's lips were turning purple so Mama decided to call a timeout. Our little prize-fighter protested, but Mama's will is stronger than Kiddo's complete inability (refusal?) to listen.


I'm all right.

And that's the way it was. Somebody send popsicles!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That girl just makes me smile. The picture with the hose she looks like cousin Serena (who also looks a lot like Grandma Smith to me!!) Hooray for the hose on a hot day. The heat has not arrived here in the desert yet..... I am actually looking forward to it!!!

love you guys
xoxo
gibs
A.J. said…
This makes me want a water table and hose, as it looks awfully fun. But pal, don't call summer "stupid face" or it won't show up again. And really, just buy a wading pool. When Yuki's napping on hot days you can sit in it, have a beer, and contemplate. Or read comics you don't mind getting wet.
KT said…
I just put some popsicles in the mail. Should be there next week.
xo
KT
Geraldine said…
I love her more than words. I have no popsicles, but I can bring gelato. Let me know when, and what flavors (seriously - email pls).

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...