Skip to main content

snow day: episode three

Well, the roads finally cleared enough that we were able to get in the car and go downtown to mess around. Which is great because if I have to sit through another episode of Dora the Constantly Shouting Explorer, I may go out to the garage and not come back.

But before we went out we stepped outside to build a snowman. Sadly, the snow was too powdery for proper snowman construction so there was nothing left but to chuck handfuls of snow at Kiddo. I tried to get her to throw some, too, but when she said, "Daddy, throw snow at me" who was I to refuse?


I did, in fact, aim for the head. What of it?


I got in a couple of good ones before she questioned the wisdom of her request.

It's supposed to start warming up enough to melt all the snowy fun. I'll kind of miss it, mostly because my four-day Thanksgiving weekend started three days early. And, Dora notwithstanding, the long, directionless days with Kiddo (and her Mama) have been lots of fun.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have nothing really great to say....just love that Yuki....love this blog....don't like snow though...you can HAVE that!!!
xoxo
gibs
Unknown said…
nice shot. The aim with the snowball and the timing with the camera.
A.J. said…
You are a good shot pally. Who knew? Yuki didn't, that's for sure. But snowing so soon in Seattle? That's nuts.

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...