Skip to main content

halloween interlude



We almost forgot to do one of these this year. Right before Kiddo and Mama went out for all the free candy Kiddo can carry, Mama remembered. So I got a couple real quick. And for any of you who need a refresher...

Halloween the first. Pippi Longstocking.


Halloween 2: Electric Boogaloo. Foofa!


Halloween 3-D. Caterpillar(?).


Halloween 4, Mariners 1. Word up, it's Word Girl!


Halloween 5. That's this one. But before I slap the picture in here, I have to admit that we made a rookie parenting mistake. Kiddo asked in early September if she could be the pink Power Ranger. Well, at first she was all set to be Super Martian Robot Girl (much to her father's delight) but when I made the mistake of letting her watch the Power Rangers, she just wanted to be the pink one for Halloween. I resisted at first, but Mimi admonished me, "It's her costume, let her be what she wants." So we found a pink Power Ranger costume online and then we didn't buy it immediately. And then by the time I thought "I better get that costume" it was long gone. Even the websites that had it listed for twice as much as the first site Mimi found, were sold out. Mimi broke it to the kid who decided that maybe being Snow White would be okay, too. So here it is.


And for your purists, here's a different angle to include a jack o'lantern (and that plant we should probably trim a little).


Now, if you'll excuse me, this bowl of Kit-Kats isn't going to eat itself.

Comments

Lisa Tucker said…
She is a groovy peace-loving Snow White, n'est-ce pas?

When did you puke up the Kit-Kats?

lt
xo
smatano said…
Still eating them. Stand by...

-Ph

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...