Skip to main content

heavy hearts

Our house is full of sadness right now. Kiddo's grandmother, Mimi's mother, our dear Janet passed away Tuesday night after battling several ailments for the better part of last year. She went quietly in the hospital with her husband, son, and her two older granddaughters by her side.

I think the word "remarkable" gets used a lot at times like this, but I can think of no better word to describe her. The trials she endured, the things she accomplished, the life she made...

Rest in peace, Dear Janet. You made the world a better place.


Comments

Lisa Tucker said…
I can't even express the sadness I feel for your family right now. So I will just send you love and love and love and tell you you are all amazing people.

Lisa
xoxo
smatano said…
Thanks, LT! That means a lot. Especially right now.
Ursula Krentz said…
So sorry to hear this! We are sending some prayers and (ex)neighborly thoughts your way. Kevin lost his Dad last January, and we had no idea how painful losing a parent can be.
Anonymous said…
Yes, she did. mg

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...