We drove Mimi's folks down to Vancouver, WA today to visit with their friends. They will head back to Tokyo in a few days from Portland. We had a lovely visit and I suspect that I gained about 10 pounds as most days were a flurry of making sure we had enough food and then eating all the food we had before it went bad.
It was really a thrill to have all the grandparents in our house. Yuki took to them all immediately and was the recipient of some good Grandma ju-ju which calmed her down when she was cranky. I had heard grandmothers had special powers, and now I believe. Enough of my nattering. I know you're only here to see pictures of the kid so I'll get to it (and then get to bed). Thanks for stopping by.
Oh, I suspect Mimi will be back some time to offer some actual insights into parenting, as my parenting seems to involve dramatic readings from comic books and endless viewings of movies that nobody else wants to see. Battle of the Worlds, starring Claude Rains and dubbed from the Italian (Il Pianeta degli uomini spenti), was just on Public Domain Cinema, by the way, and Mimi is in rehearsal every night for the next couple of weeks, so you can look forward to a review of that before too long. Please note, Italian actor Umberto Orsini played "Dr. Fred Steele" which may actually be all you need to know. Now, to the photos.
It was really a thrill to have all the grandparents in our house. Yuki took to them all immediately and was the recipient of some good Grandma ju-ju which calmed her down when she was cranky. I had heard grandmothers had special powers, and now I believe. Enough of my nattering. I know you're only here to see pictures of the kid so I'll get to it (and then get to bed). Thanks for stopping by.
Oh, I suspect Mimi will be back some time to offer some actual insights into parenting, as my parenting seems to involve dramatic readings from comic books and endless viewings of movies that nobody else wants to see. Battle of the Worlds, starring Claude Rains and dubbed from the Italian (Il Pianeta degli uomini spenti), was just on Public Domain Cinema, by the way, and Mimi is in rehearsal every night for the next couple of weeks, so you can look forward to a review of that before too long. Please note, Italian actor Umberto Orsini played "Dr. Fred Steele" which may actually be all you need to know. Now, to the photos.
Comments