On Monday, I never go to work. On Tuesday, I stay at home. On Wednesday, I never feel inclined (work is the last thing on my mind). On Thursday, it's a holiday! And Fridays I detest. Oh, it's much too late on a Saturday, and Sunday is the day of rest.
-They Might Be Giants, "Never Go To Work"
For those of you who may have missed it, Daddy's out of work. Wha-huh? In short: Hasbro buys Cranium, Hasbro lays off 70-percent of the staff (give or take), odds against Philip. Saw it coming, not terribly sad, though disappointed about the demise of what was and/or could have been. Alas. Meanwhile, enjoying my temporary retirement which consists mostly of staying home with the kid and killing time in between feedings.
And she do love to eat!

Avocado, udon, grapes, blueberries, waffles, crackers, crunchy cereal things, string cheese, zucchini, cucumbers, lettuce, oatmeal, pureed things from jars, and yesterday we went for Korean barbeque and the kid ate meat! Not bad considering she still only has two teeth. Trixie loves all of those things, too, and has set up a base camp under Yuki's high chair. If something falls, it's gone. Do NOT put your hand down there!

The other thing Yuki loves? The TiVo remote. She has a billion toys, including a couple of non-working universal remotes, a toy Elmo remote, and the DVD remote when not in use and all she wants is the TiVo remote. "Hey, who recorded golf?" Yuki. "Hey, who erased that show?" Yuki. "Hey, who keeps changing the channel?" I think you know who. She's lucky she's cute.

Meanwhile, we are in the throes of trying to get her to go to sleep by herself and she does not love that. I am loopy from the trying. We had one night of about 40 minutes of crying before sleep, followed the next night by an hour of crying, followed by a night of 2-1/2 hours of crying (no she was not alone the whole time), followed by last night where she fell asleep before I even got her to bed and she slept for 12 hours, and then tonight when she fell asleep fast but has awakened every 40 minutes since 7:00. Did I mention I'm going hoopy?
And she do love to eat!

Avocado, udon, grapes, blueberries, waffles, crackers, crunchy cereal things, string cheese, zucchini, cucumbers, lettuce, oatmeal, pureed things from jars, and yesterday we went for Korean barbeque and the kid ate meat! Not bad considering she still only has two teeth. Trixie loves all of those things, too, and has set up a base camp under Yuki's high chair. If something falls, it's gone. Do NOT put your hand down there!

The other thing Yuki loves? The TiVo remote. She has a billion toys, including a couple of non-working universal remotes, a toy Elmo remote, and the DVD remote when not in use and all she wants is the TiVo remote. "Hey, who recorded golf?" Yuki. "Hey, who erased that show?" Yuki. "Hey, who keeps changing the channel?" I think you know who. She's lucky she's cute.

Meanwhile, we are in the throes of trying to get her to go to sleep by herself and she does not love that. I am loopy from the trying. We had one night of about 40 minutes of crying before sleep, followed the next night by an hour of crying, followed by a night of 2-1/2 hours of crying (no she was not alone the whole time), followed by last night where she fell asleep before I even got her to bed and she slept for 12 hours, and then tonight when she fell asleep fast but has awakened every 40 minutes since 7:00. Did I mention I'm going hoopy?

Comments
Love,
KT
This too shall pass... (the remote thing...well they never get tired of being in control of that!)
xo
Gibs
Sorry about the layoff. Usually really good things come because of those though. Jerry had one of those too and now he has his favorite job of his life.
xo
la
As for sleep... what's that??? And how do I get some? My goal is to get our cutie-patootie to sleep more than 3 hours in a row by the time #2 shows up! Help!
Sleep with mom and dad begins at about 11:00, just as I have drifted off to sleep. I now am hanging off the bed in an attempt to escape a burrowing heat seeker.
Naked boy, having stripped due to wetness, usually arrives about 12:30.
Mom on the couch by 1 am with child at feet and child on top.
More bathroom visits, and searches for more (dry) blankets.
Up at 5:45 to begin day.
Good luck with the sleeping thing. Let me know what works.
Judy (mother of three ages 7,6,5)
He loves it. Carries it around with him everywhere. And it's about the only thing laying around the he DOESN'T automatically pop into his mouth. Already he has learned respect and reverence for the wand of power.