Skip to main content

... with your name on it

Books I purchased recently -- and it should be immediately apparent why.


Simple, charming story about a girl, her stuffed bunny, and her pet roly-poly bug. The similarities to our Mimi are alarming.


Haven't read it yet, but the art is really beautiful and if you know me at all, you know I likes me the purty pitchers.

And since I couldn't find a book called "Philip" I settled for this:


which is the swingingest collection of poetry for kids (and not-so-much kids) that I've ever clapped eyes on. I demand that you buy at least one Calef Brown book today.

Finally, it's not a book but if anyone can track down a copy of this short film, you will be my personal hero for all time:



Comments

Amy said…
I found it on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RcLZ6pedmo

have fun!
Anonymous said…
haha that was funny! thanks amy

Popular posts from this blog

panicky interlude

This is not the promised "Magical Ponies" post. Apologies. Instead, this is the "You Negligent Monster" post. Because Kiddo is in a Japanese daycare, parents are asked to remove their shoes before coming in. No problem. I have a pair of loafers that I hate that I wear on pickup days so I can get in and out more quickly. Most days while I'm putting my shoes on, Yuki will run away from me and I will make noisy protestations and she will giggle and come back. Today, however, there was the running and the noisy protestations and the giggling and a splat. I guess she tripped ("running away" involves going around a corner where I can't see her) because she was crying and pulling herself up off the floor when I got to her. "No big deal" as she likes to say (she does, really, it's friggin' adorable). She had a little red line across the bridge of her nose but there was no blood. She asked for a Band Aid and I told her we'd get her one...