I was sitting in on tech rehearsal of Robin Hood at my theatre when I received a text from Philip that read:"Say it: President Obama." I then went up into the booth where our Stage Manager had her lap top and saw "McCain Concedes." Later, I stood in the theatre with the Lighting Designer, the Assistant Director, and the Stage Manager and watched his victory speech. These are the things I will remember.
Last night Philip said, "I want Yuki to be in 3rd grade before we have another president besides Obama." My head took a minute to comprehend that Yuki will be in 3rd grade in just 8 years, but then I agreed. It sure is different when you have a kid. The word "future" takes on a whole new meaning. I have hope.
Though I couldn't vote (I told Philip to go the second time with a wig on, but he wouldn't do it), I am glad to be living in this country, here, today to witness history.
Comments
xo
Gibs