Just wanted to share a few recent photos. Don't have anything terribly insightful to go along with them, but if you are reading this, you are one of the few who don't just skip our ramblings and look at the pictures. So thanks.
Anyway, every week we bring home art projects from Yuki's daycare. They are all pretty cute in that "my daughter is a genius" way, but none of them last very long because she likes to take them apart. With that, we give you ...
ONI HAT!

One of the few art projects from school that she hasn't completely dismantled. It's her Oni Hat from the Setsubun Festival at school. "Oni" is a Japanese ogre. During Setsubun you throw beans in your house to scare the bad Oni away and welcome in the good spirits. I'm pretty sure I'm getting that wrong, so I hope you (and mostly Mimi) will forgive me. Then we move on to
HELLO KITTY SUNGLASSES!
The sunglasses make a return. These are her "Hello Kitty" shades. She likes to wear them at dinner. Whatever. She really looks like Mimi's mother in this photo. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that. Yes, there do seem to be a lot of pictures of her in her high chair. We keep the camera on the shelf next to the kitchen table. If we want to take her picture in the living room or upstairs, by the time we get the camera she's done doing whatever it was we wanted to photograph. Then she just wants to look at Camera Baby and then half the day is gone.
Also she loves, loves, LOVES her belly button. She likes to unzip her pajamas so she can get to it and poke at it. One day last week, just unzipping the pajamas wasn't enough. So she worked her way out of them completely to give us
PAJAMA HEAD!

Then we got ...
this.

I ... we ... damn. I don't know what this is. Seriously. What is that?
Okay. See you next time! Bye-bye!
Anyway, every week we bring home art projects from Yuki's daycare. They are all pretty cute in that "my daughter is a genius" way, but none of them last very long because she likes to take them apart. With that, we give you ...
ONI HAT!

One of the few art projects from school that she hasn't completely dismantled. It's her Oni Hat from the Setsubun Festival at school. "Oni" is a Japanese ogre. During Setsubun you throw beans in your house to scare the bad Oni away and welcome in the good spirits. I'm pretty sure I'm getting that wrong, so I hope you (and mostly Mimi) will forgive me. Then we move on to
HELLO KITTY SUNGLASSES!
The sunglasses make a return. These are her "Hello Kitty" shades. She likes to wear them at dinner. Whatever. She really looks like Mimi's mother in this photo. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that. Yes, there do seem to be a lot of pictures of her in her high chair. We keep the camera on the shelf next to the kitchen table. If we want to take her picture in the living room or upstairs, by the time we get the camera she's done doing whatever it was we wanted to photograph. Then she just wants to look at Camera Baby and then half the day is gone.Also she loves, loves, LOVES her belly button. She likes to unzip her pajamas so she can get to it and poke at it. One day last week, just unzipping the pajamas wasn't enough. So she worked her way out of them completely to give us
PAJAMA HEAD!

Then we got ...
this.

I ... we ... damn. I don't know what this is. Seriously. What is that?
Okay. See you next time! Bye-bye!
Comments
Also, am I *total* loser for commenting on your blog so much? I think yes.
Actually, we love comments. We might be the losers (and by "we" I mean "me, not Mimi") who check the blog six times a day to see if anyone commented.
xo
Gibs
Litza
xo
la