Skip to main content

these things I believe

1. I believe that it's okay to buy something for your child when, really, it's mostly just for you.

As if she knew, the kid played with "her" new DJ Lance Rock hat & glasses for a bit then handed them to Mommy and said "oshimai" which translates, roughly, as "I'm done." She hasn't touched it since.

2. I believe that Colorforms have many applications.

I also believe that I don't know how to properly focus my camera.

3. I believe that Mickey Mouse ears make any kid look like they stepped out of the 1950s.

This hat is an Adult Large and it almost fits.

4. I believe that offering lengthy descriptions of the volume and consistency of the contents of your child's diaper is your right as set forth in your wedding vows.

Though not everyone agrees, it is true.

5. I believe that sometimes kids just do whatever and that there is no "why."


She has her reasons.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I believe you got it absolutely right! Especially the one about kids doing whatever with no reasons - that NEVER changes! Love you xoxo
gibs
A.J. said…
Is it just kids that do whatever with no "why"? Hmm, I seem to work with some adults (and drink with, now that I think about it), that follow the same path.

But none of them can wear a DJ Lance Rock hot and glasses with such panache, such smooth character, such style. Amazing.
We got a Yo Gabba Gabba DVD from the library last week and have now watched it for approximately 10 hours. Elena LOVES it. She also makes up her own dance moves and teaches me how to do them. Let the Gabba grow!

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...