Skip to main content

are you making fun of me?

Because it is getting to be time, and because our dear friend Naho is pregnant and has volunteered to take our crib, we have decided to finally get Kiddo a "big girl bed."

This is the one we chose:

We like it because when she's bigger and less likely to roll out (and we are confident that she will roll out, early and often), the whole thing flips over and becomes this:

We got the bed on Saturday and promised Kiddo that soon she would have a new bed. We called it a "new pink bed" because she is entering a pink phase and calling it a "new pink bed" got her very excited. Obviously, it's blue, so we bought a lot of pink bedding.

Anyway, the bed (and the two pictures above) are from Ikea. Which means somebody has a lot of work to do.


We put the enormous and deceptively heavy box in the dining room and explained to our dear daughter that she would have to wait until Dadoo built it before she could sleep in it. She seemed to understand.

Then she came downstairs on Sunday morning and, with neither parental prodding nor assistance, did this.


Either she's terribly impatient, or her sarcasm skills are terrifically advanced. I, her father, am simultaneously ashamed and proud.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that kid! Already mocking her dad!!! I can't stop laughing!!!!

xoxo
gibs
KT said…
Those folks at IKEA are clever... but they got nothin' on Yuki. Brother, she's got your number.
xo,
K
Unknown said…
Hilarious! needed that one my way to school, which by the way is not hilarious.
Anonymous said…
i cannot stop laughing! that is so funny! i am proud to be her auntie! too funny, yuki! enjoy your new bed!
Blythe said…
Naho is pregnant?? How wonderful!

And good luck on that whole bed business.

Ikea.

Oy.
amanda lee said…
did she actually fall asleep? or was she just pretending?
A.J. said…
It's probably a combination of impatient and sarcastic. Hey, who does that remind you of? And, is that a giant mouse pillow? Or cat? Or totoro?
smatano said…
Amanda - no she was being a big faker pants.

A.J. - Impatient and sarcastic? I'm not sure who you think that describes. Also, that is actually a Totoro tissue box cover. I'm not sure I have the energy to explain further.
Anonymous said…
Hey I keep checking to see if the bed is made yet??? Any progress???
Or are you just resigned to having Yuki sleep on the box??

x
gibs
smatano said…
It is done. Pictures taken. Update to follow.
Everywhereist said…
She. Is. Brilliant.

I suspect Mimi is to blame for that, but you can take credit, too, Philip.

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...