Skip to main content

what's that on your head?

Many doings around here of late, and precious little time to blather on about them at length. In the meantime, please enjoy the latest millinery to hit the runway between our kitchen and dining room.


Bringing back the "Rhoda Morgenstern"
(please note, if you get that reference you are possibly older than I am and/or watched more TV than I did as a kid).

Everything's a Hat Day!
(special appearance by pal Nora)

The Killer Bee
(courtesy of the indomitable Chiochia Gibs)

Back soon with more Tales of This Half-American's Life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Possibly the only person cooler than Rhoda is Mary!!

And, yes, I am older than you:(

Judes
smatano said…
Well, without Mary there is no Rhoda.
Anonymous said…
I LOVED Rhoda!And I love being referred to as indomitable (I think)
What a cute kiddo!
xo
gibs
Everywhereist said…
Hey! I got the Rhoda reference! And I'm a weensy bit younger than you, even! But in all fairness, TV was a good parent to me.
A.J. said…
Who doesn't remember Rhoda? I mean, on that show they dispensed some amazing wisdom: "Drinking doesn't cause hangovers; stopping drinking causes hangovers." Though I have to admit, when I first say the cute pic with the doo-rag I thought she looked a little tougher than Rhoda--like the world's cutest little gangster.

Popular posts from this blog

panicky interlude

This is not the promised "Magical Ponies" post. Apologies. Instead, this is the "You Negligent Monster" post. Because Kiddo is in a Japanese daycare, parents are asked to remove their shoes before coming in. No problem. I have a pair of loafers that I hate that I wear on pickup days so I can get in and out more quickly. Most days while I'm putting my shoes on, Yuki will run away from me and I will make noisy protestations and she will giggle and come back. Today, however, there was the running and the noisy protestations and the giggling and a splat. I guess she tripped ("running away" involves going around a corner where I can't see her) because she was crying and pulling herself up off the floor when I got to her. "No big deal" as she likes to say (she does, really, it's friggin' adorable). She had a little red line across the bridge of her nose but there was no blood. She asked for a Band Aid and I told her we'd get her one...