Skip to main content

a life in the theatre

Tonight I learned that Kiddo is working on a new show. One with the improbable title of, Maggie Who Gets Up and Goes to the Blow Up Exploder. Not sure if that is a working title or the final. I do know that it's about Maggie who makes fireworks for inside so they are quieter. Because sometimes if fireworks are outside they are too loud and people could get scared so she does them inside so they are less noisy. (I'm paraphrasing.) Kiddo plays Maggie. Hoddie plays the sister. Also, Hoddie's mom is "the ticket giver" at Hoddie's theater in the town of Friendship. You have to get your tickets from her.

And then she drew this, which I am told is the show poster for Put Your Legs In Front of Me.


That's Hoddie on the poster. She is wearing "fake short hair." She put all of her real hair up and put on the fake hair. (Paraphrasing again.)

Sigh. I was going to do a lot of other things tonight but I fell asleep in her bed for an hour-and-a-half. The house will still be messy tomorrow, I guess.

Comments

Nikki Prz said…
I am stealing ALL of these ideas for my grad school applications, FYI.

-Nikki
Lisa Tucker said…
I have just checked in with the ALOW blog for the first time in over a week, obviously, so I missed the Mama away news. Hang in there, Philip, you are doing a GREAT job. PS: Do NOT 'do the dance' for your daughter.

LT
xo
smatano said…
Oh no! We've been acronymmed! Thanks, LT. For the kind words AND for the acronym.

Nikki it will cost you a percentage of future earnings. I know how much MFAs make!

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...