Anyone of the child-having persuasion is familiar with "percentiles." You take the kid for a checkup and the doctor will tell you what "percentile" your kid is in for length, weight, etc. I find these to be a useful and somewhat soothing measuring stick that tells you your child is progressing normally. At Yuki's last checkup her length and weight were right in there among the average. Somewhere around 60%. Her head however -- and I do not mention this to boast, rather to marvel -- is in the 99th percentile. 99.86% to be exact. I do believe that would make her head just about the largest in the world (maybe after her cousin Steven whose head is so large that he used to be unable to sit up without toppling over from the weight of his enormous melon).
To illustrate, I found one of the "Born at Swedish" hats they give all newborns at Swedish hospital (we took a few home as souvenirs).
Before:
After:
To illustrate, I found one of the "Born at Swedish" hats they give all newborns at Swedish hospital (we took a few home as souvenirs).
Before:
After:


Comments
My mom thought percentiles were a reflection of how "perfect" your baby is so if you are in the 100 percentile your baby is perfect and if you are in the 30th percentile you have some explaining to do! Silly, mother