Skip to main content

HOLY CRAP!

We put a rubber bumper around our coffee table in our tiny living room so as to minimize head trauma in our increasingly mobile and coffee-table-unaware child. What we didn't anticipate was that someone would use it as a handle to pull herself up to standing. Add that to the list of "Ways Your Child Will Surprise You."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Holy crap indeed! Wait, wasn't she born like a second ago?
Anonymous said…
Okay, now the fun really begins! I mean it, but if you thought you couldn't finish a dinner or have a conversation at a party before this discovery... Well, if it makes you feel any better, I left my sick older child at home alone last week and went to my training program, so things do get easier!
Love to you all!
xo
schkla

Popular posts from this blog

panicky interlude

This is not the promised "Magical Ponies" post. Apologies. Instead, this is the "You Negligent Monster" post. Because Kiddo is in a Japanese daycare, parents are asked to remove their shoes before coming in. No problem. I have a pair of loafers that I hate that I wear on pickup days so I can get in and out more quickly. Most days while I'm putting my shoes on, Yuki will run away from me and I will make noisy protestations and she will giggle and come back. Today, however, there was the running and the noisy protestations and the giggling and a splat. I guess she tripped ("running away" involves going around a corner where I can't see her) because she was crying and pulling herself up off the floor when I got to her. "No big deal" as she likes to say (she does, really, it's friggin' adorable). She had a little red line across the bridge of her nose but there was no blood. She asked for a Band Aid and I told her we'd get her one...