I spend a lot of time (this is Philip again, Mimi is in rehearsal for a couple more weeks -- directing Our Town, with adults! -- and will probably drop in here eventually when her show is up and running) ... I'll start over ...
-from "Under the Maud Moon" by Galway Kinnell
I spend a lot of time running down the litany of worries that I have when it comes to raising the kiddo, so sometimes I am caught off guard when I realize we've spent 45 minutes hanging out, just reading books (and, okay, taking a pictures of her reading books). No fuss. No crying. No getting into trouble. Just lounging around and reading books, like we don't have anyplace else to be.

She'd flip through a couple, then bring me one and crawl into my lap and I'd read to her. Then she'd go flip through a couple more before bringing me another one to read. Kid, in lap, with book is heaven.

She'd flip through a couple, then bring me one and crawl into my lap and I'd read to her. Then she'd go flip through a couple more before bringing me another one to read. Kid, in lap, with book is heaven.
Kiddo was a peach tonight (Mimi started calling her "a peach" when she's good and I find it impossibly cute). So I'm going to take a break from worry until tomorrow. Tonight was a tiny little bit of magic, and I want to hang onto it.
I stop,
gather wet wood,
cut dry shavings, and for her,
whose face
I held in my hands
a few hours, whom I gave back
only to keep holding the space where she was,
I light
a small fire in the rain.
-from "Under the Maud Moon" by Galway Kinnell


Comments
She can live at Scripps with me...
gibs