Skip to main content

is that all there is?


We are in the middle of post-birthday comedown. It was a fun and slightly crazy week of new kitchens, school parties, show openings, and a Saturday of party, nap, party that followed a Friday night of not sleeping.

So, while we pick up the pieces, here is a picture that I love more and more every day of my two girlies in their new(ish) shirts from Mimi's mother. And as much as I love it for the subject matter, I also love it for the absolute riot of patterns on display (including the rug). It kind of makes my eyes go all unfocused.

Oh, and kiddo is wearing the birthday crown she got at school.

More soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, that certainly is cute, especially the peeking at the camera. But if you look at all the designs at once, and sort-of let your eyes go blurry, you can see the future. Which is also rad.
Blythe said…
I think two suits her :)
Anonymous said…
Do you know that one of the highlights of my day is checking in on the yuki blog? I love watching her grow!! I am not surprised but - she is so darn cute!!!

xoxo
gibs
Happy birthday, Yuki!
Lisa Tucker said…
Mimi, I covet your shirt. I believe you were also wearing it in the 4/1/09 post, "Your Child is Not a Dog" (snort dorkily, push glasses up nose).

Popular posts from this blog

panicky interlude

This is not the promised "Magical Ponies" post. Apologies. Instead, this is the "You Negligent Monster" post. Because Kiddo is in a Japanese daycare, parents are asked to remove their shoes before coming in. No problem. I have a pair of loafers that I hate that I wear on pickup days so I can get in and out more quickly. Most days while I'm putting my shoes on, Yuki will run away from me and I will make noisy protestations and she will giggle and come back. Today, however, there was the running and the noisy protestations and the giggling and a splat. I guess she tripped ("running away" involves going around a corner where I can't see her) because she was crying and pulling herself up off the floor when I got to her. "No big deal" as she likes to say (she does, really, it's friggin' adorable). She had a little red line across the bridge of her nose but there was no blood. She asked for a Band Aid and I told her we'd get her one...