Skip to main content

milestones

Well, after giving serious consideration to shuttering this here blog after the most recent episode of "30 seconds with Yuki", we experienced a milestone that was too milestoney to let go unchronicled.

Kiddo's first pig tails!



Sort of.


Look harder, they're there.


She really likes the character Mei-chan from My Neighbor Totoro and has started asking for Mimi to do her hair in that style. Do you not see the resemblance?


And as if that weren't enough -- and we may be burying the lede -- but just this evening, after lengthy and occasionally half-hearted attempts at toilet-training, Kiddo had her first productive session on the potty (not pictured).


We made a big to-do out of it (notice I didn't say "big stink") but I think she was less impressed than we were and mostly just used it as an excuse to get extra stickers.


Can you stand the excitement? Thanks for stopping by. Now go watch "Dancing Queen" again.

Comments

Robin said…
wait? shuttering? does that mean closing up shop? noooooooo! why oh why?
smatano said…
Empty threats, Robin. Just had a brief moment of "we probably can't ever top that" after the Dancing Queen moment, but we'll keep plugging away until Kiddo begs us to stop telling the internet every time she goes to the bathroom.
Anonymous said…
Those kind of pony tails are called "fireworks" around here. You almost need orthodontic bands for the amount of hair in them! Josie used to have put 5 or 6 at a time in her nearly nonexistant hair. I love them!! I love Yuki. I love your blog!! I love you guys!!

Judy
Anonymous said…
I wore two teeny tiny pony tails to work last Friday. The girls in my class said they were cute. But I could tell that the one girl with the two gorgeous thick braids down to her waist also shook her head as if to say, poor hairless Ms Smith - she calls "those" pony tails?? At least Yuki's hair will continue to grow.... let us not forget she is a Smith - we are NOT known for our tresses...

xoxo
gibs
A.J. said…
Those look like awesome pony tails to me. Certainly more that I could manage. And, awfully cute.
KT said…
Love the pigtails! Love Totoro! Love Mei-Chan! Love the blog! Don't change a thing!
Love you,
Katie
Indeed, we expect this blog to last at least until Yuki has HER first child, and then you can blog about that.
Everywhereist said…
She bears a striking resemblance to Sally Lou Who, who was no more than 2.
Eli said…
Yuki & My Neighbor Totoro...2 of my favorite things in the world. :) *sigh*

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...