There are a great many things I love about Kiddo right now – the wanting to sit in my lap all the time, the running hugs when I pick her up from daycare, her crazy dances (that sometimes make me fear for her safety) to songs she likes, her off-key caterwauling to those same songs, her recent infatuation with Rocky & Bullwinkle (also Mr. Peabody and Sherman) -- but the one that kills me is "peep." Somehow all electric lights are "peep."
When we go upstairs she gets on the first step, turns on the light and announces, "Peep on."
When she is in her room before bath time she will point at the lamp and ask "Peep on?"
Mornings lately are pretty dark so when I turn on her light to wake her she, without lifting her head, will sometimes yell, "NO PEEP!" in what is no doubt a harbinger of adolescent surliness.
We have no idea how "peep" came into the vocabulary and, though it might call into question my fitness as a parent, I cannot bring myself to correct it.
Maybe it's because I'm too busy indulging her Rocky & Bullwinkle habit and teaching her more important things. Like how to do a Bullwinkle impersonation.
That's my girl.
Comments