Skip to main content

presently

I have a different post in mind, but because I've spent all of my evening free time this week fighting with the new cable equipment that the cable company said I didn't need because they are so great but then because they are so great they said I would need new cable equipment, I find that it is nearly bed time and I haven't time to write. Yes, bed time. I'm determined not to get sick when we get to Tokyo in November so I'm trying to get more than six hours of sleep a night.

Anyway, somebody recently discovered that the only thing more fun than pushing your father around in the Spinny Spinny (scroll down to previous post for that picture) is actually climbing in and riding it yourself.


Not pictured: the spinning.

And, yes, when she got out she staggered like a drunk over to the other Spinny Spinny and climbed in.

Mimi observed that trying to put a two-year-old in a car is similar to trying to put a drunk person in a car. Doing a lot of things with kiddo right now is like trying to do them with a drunk person. The difference being that a drunk person might sober up and feel bad about their behavior the next day. With the kid, the next day is an opportunity for more of the same.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This post made me nauseous. Just thinking about spinny spinny spinning...
xoxo
stay healthy and happy travels!
xo
gibs
Everywhereist said…
Spinny Spinny! That reminds me of the song that Rand sang to the pidgeons outside our hotel room.

It began with "Pidgy pidgy" to the tune of "Sugar Sugar" by the Archies.
Lisa Tucker said…
'wet noodle' is how my friend raegan described the behavior of her 2-year-old daughter (now 17 years old and checking out colleges in NYC, for chrissakes) not wanting to do something...

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...