Skip to main content

the kingdom of magic and dreams

Then one day we did this.

Prepare to have your tiny mind blown.

We stumbled upon/were trapped by an Easter parade. In June.
Not a bad way to start, all in all.

The reusable plastic popcorn tubs (that you wear!) are all the rage. This one was on loan from cousin Ayana. Kiddo kind of didn't care about anything else until she got her popcorn.

Then she found out she could go inside Cinderella's castle. We almost didn't make it out.

The answer to "Do you want to ride the carousel?"
She has now ridden carousels in three countries. Enjoy that useless fact.

Tokyo Disneyland has a rodent problem. They will play with your child's curly hair then take her by the hand and run away to Cinderella's castle with her. And your child will go with them without even turning around to see if it's okay with her parents.

Dadoo really wanted to ask these two about what it was like to be working there, but decided not to be "that guy." And the crowd was a little ugly. But she was a dynamite Snow White.

And then we met the big guns. Who were... differently handsome.
The best part was that they were talking to each other about when their shift was up, in English, but in sing-songy Disney voices.

Everybody has a part to play in the magic.
I think this cat was crowd-control for the Easter parade which we caught part of a second time. That's how long we were there.

I don't know who this is.

On our way out. Second round of popcorn secured (curry flavor!), Marie-from-Aristocats ear hat, Minnie balloon. Who says we aren't doing our part for the Disney economy?

At one point she kind of sighed and said to Mimi, "I like Disneyland."

Yeah, you do.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just completely enjoyed that! Thank you for the most relaxing trip to Disneyland i have ever had!!!
xo
gibs
smatano said…
Gibs, it was a great day! Not crowded at all. The longest we waited for anything was 20 minutes and several rides we just walked on to, like they were just waiting there for us. Disneyland should always be that easy.
KT said…
Wow, that's almost as great as my trip to Santa Maria, which, sadly, is soon coming to a close. But I've had a Disneyesque time! Magical!
Anonymous said…
That is probably the best commercial for Disneyland that I have ever seen! I want to go AND take my kids! I like Disneyland! The understatement of the century!

Judy
A.J. said…
Reusable plastic popcorn tubs seem like a fantastic idea--and one that could be used for more than popcorn. I sorta wish you would have been "that guy" with the Fables (though maybe the answers would have put a pallor on what looks like a lovely day).

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...