Our Tokyo trip continues to fade into memory. We've been home a couple of weeks and while Kiddo adjusted to the time difference in about two days, Mama and Dadoo have had a rougher time of it. But sleep is starting to get normal again and most of us have remembered how to get to work and what we're supposed to do once we get there.
As I look back on our trip I wonder if we crossed the line from "memorable vacation" into "give your daughter whatever she asks for and damn the consequences." And I'm not even mentioning the day at Disneyland.
DVDs at breakfast?
Seems reasonable. How are those Frosted Flakes?
Ride every carousel you see?
Oh, hell yes! How many do you have?
Ice cream every day?
Why not? It is a little warm, after all.
How about a little more ice cream?
Don't mind if I do! You know there are subtle differences in each one.
Need a new hat?
How about a Hello Kitty hat? Here's one now! And if you're thirsty, why not have this big bottle of liquid orange sugar?
Aw, are you sleepy?
Here, let me carry you for 45 minutes on three different trains. It's never too hot and my shoulder never hurts. Don't you worry.
Not sleepy but just don't feel like walking?
Good thing I can always find one of whatever in hell this is! Hop in. Sure it's designed in such a way that I take it in the shins with every step. But that shouldn't be your problem!
What? You think we have too much change?
Well why don't we spend it on a stream of charming and slightly antiquated carnival rides at this zoo where you don't want to see any animals?
Tired of ice cream? No? Oh well!
Have a crepe! Sure we could share one, but where's the fun in that! Go ahead and eat this thing that's half your size. Enjoy!
Still not getting enough attention?
Go play with your fabulous cousins who adore you and never let your feet touch the ground! (As an aside, I must say that having been "Uncle Jungle Gym" for a lot of years, it did my heart glad to watch Kiddo climb, wrassle, torment, pester and generally harrass these now-grown girls.)
Not pictured, the 46 stuffed animals that came home with us, the 112 coloring books, the 8 pounds of stickers and the yukatta. I would like to have her version of this vacation next time.
As I look back on our trip I wonder if we crossed the line from "memorable vacation" into "give your daughter whatever she asks for and damn the consequences." And I'm not even mentioning the day at Disneyland.
DVDs at breakfast?
Seems reasonable. How are those Frosted Flakes?Ride every carousel you see?
Oh, hell yes! How many do you have?Ice cream every day?
Why not? It is a little warm, after all.How about a little more ice cream?
Don't mind if I do! You know there are subtle differences in each one.Need a new hat?
How about a Hello Kitty hat? Here's one now! And if you're thirsty, why not have this big bottle of liquid orange sugar?Aw, are you sleepy?
Here, let me carry you for 45 minutes on three different trains. It's never too hot and my shoulder never hurts. Don't you worry.Not sleepy but just don't feel like walking?
Good thing I can always find one of whatever in hell this is! Hop in. Sure it's designed in such a way that I take it in the shins with every step. But that shouldn't be your problem!What? You think we have too much change?
Well why don't we spend it on a stream of charming and slightly antiquated carnival rides at this zoo where you don't want to see any animals?Tired of ice cream? No? Oh well!
Have a crepe! Sure we could share one, but where's the fun in that! Go ahead and eat this thing that's half your size. Enjoy!Still not getting enough attention?
Go play with your fabulous cousins who adore you and never let your feet touch the ground! (As an aside, I must say that having been "Uncle Jungle Gym" for a lot of years, it did my heart glad to watch Kiddo climb, wrassle, torment, pester and generally harrass these now-grown girls.)Not pictured, the 46 stuffed animals that came home with us, the 112 coloring books, the 8 pounds of stickers and the yukatta. I would like to have her version of this vacation next time.
Comments
What's that?
Why, YES! I would LOVE to go with you to Japan next time!
Also, LOVE the panama hat on the little one.
schkla