Hi! Too close?
Mimi is very kind.
Let the father/daughter adventure begin!
So, day 1 of paternity leave was suspiciously uneventful. Yuki actually took a nap. A real nap in the middle of the day like normal kids take. 2 whole hours of uninterrupted sleep. She never does that. What's she up to?
I think she's easing me into the all-day baby care. As I said to our friend Michelle, I suspect tomorrow will be a carnival of wailing and exploding diapers. There was one ... incident(?) today that doesn't quite qualify as an "exploding diaper" because, well, she wasn't wearing a diaper when it happened. Ugh.
Anyway, we took a walk in the afternoon and it was really hot so we didn't get very far. Yuki looked very "Easter Parade" in her new bonnet.
We took another walk later in the evening when it was cooler and we were able to go a greater distance (our dear delicate Trixie overheats very easily). Mimi joined us for this one so it was extra nice. Here's what Yuki looked like after that one.
Oh, and she's sleeping all by her onesy in her bassinet now. I didn't sleep very well the first night we moved her. I think I was up a lot to check on her. I'm trying to relax. Fortunately, she's a noisy sleeper so I can "check" on her by just listening for a couple of minutes. Last night she slept for close to 8 hours which was surprising and delightful. Since flash photography is discouraged around sleeping babies, here's what a well-rested Yuki looks like.
Comments
It's amazing how much she has changed in such a short time. I cannot wait to meet her!
Love, Auntie Katie