Skip to main content

huge tracts of land

Landscapers arrived today (on the day they said they would so we instantly love them) to begin front-yard improvements. Kiddo was uncertain about all the noise at first ...

"What the - what?"
(Yes, our daughter quotes Tina Fey. What of it?)

but her curiosity got the better of her. Or maybe Mommy wanted to see what was going on so dragged Kiddo out with her.


No big deal. What? It's cool.

Also, there's a toilet in our front yard.


Awesome. No more going in the yard!

If we were back in my hometown, I'd stick a fern in it and call it done.

Comments

Blythe said…
...where are you from, that a fern in a porta-potty would be acceptable?
Anonymous said…
where are you from??? It's more like "who" are you from... That explains it more clearly!
xo
gibs
smatano said…
Not only acceptable, Blythe, but "de rigueur" on certain streets. Welcome to Santa Maria, California. Please, put a plant in a toilet on your front lawn.

Popular posts from this blog

panicky interlude

This is not the promised "Magical Ponies" post. Apologies. Instead, this is the "You Negligent Monster" post. Because Kiddo is in a Japanese daycare, parents are asked to remove their shoes before coming in. No problem. I have a pair of loafers that I hate that I wear on pickup days so I can get in and out more quickly. Most days while I'm putting my shoes on, Yuki will run away from me and I will make noisy protestations and she will giggle and come back. Today, however, there was the running and the noisy protestations and the giggling and a splat. I guess she tripped ("running away" involves going around a corner where I can't see her) because she was crying and pulling herself up off the floor when I got to her. "No big deal" as she likes to say (she does, really, it's friggin' adorable). She had a little red line across the bridge of her nose but there was no blood. She asked for a Band Aid and I told her we'd get her one...