Skip to main content

SNOW DAY!

We don't get snow often in Seattle. When we do get it, it's rare to get as much as we have. So here's what we did today.

Dadoo shoveled the front walk (because he's a nerd when it comes to shoveling snow -- can't wait to get out there and do it).


Then we went for a walk.


Friend Ursula (keeper of The Krentz Family blog) loaned us a sled. Yuki lasted about four minutes -- long enough to take a couple pictures of her picture in it, at least.




Then we stood around and contemplated the snow. Yuki was especially unimpressed.


And as a favor to friend Amy, who's snowed in at home in Portland and can't possibly watch any more Elmo or Yo Gabba Gabba, here's a video that she can watch with her girlies (and you can watch it, too).


Comments

Michelle said…
Philip, where is your hat?
smatano said…
Sheesh, sorry "Mom."

I had just finished shoveling and was kind of hot. Shortly after we took those photos we went inside because I started to get chilly.

Thank you for your concern.

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...