Skip to main content

four days later

OB visit yesterday. Still somehow 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced (or 3 cm "plus" and "80-90%" but ...). Cervix seems to be moving forward to line up with the birth canal. Haven't gained any more weight which is a good sign since it means I won't be delivering a 30 pound baby. We decided to "strip the membranes" (which is exactly as pleasant as it sounds, thus no further explanation will be provided) to encourage contractions. Scheduled an ultrasound and a "non-stress test" for Thursday (unless kiddo shows up) to make sure everybody is okay in there. If so, then we'll wait through the weekend to see if the blessed event transpires. After that, INDUCTION TIME! Although he (our OB) does think that all it will take to induce is to just break my water. Of course, he also said we'd probably deliver early and here we are.

After the OB it was off to my acupuncturist to see what they could do. They stuck needles in "induction points" and attached the needles to electrodes. It was all very Bride of Frankenstein, as I walked up and down the hallway of their office. When we got home later, there were a few contractions that seemed promising, but they faded.

The kid has moved around enough so that it's still crushing my bladder, but as an extry added bonus, it is also resting right on top of my sciatic nerve, so ow, ow, OW. When the kid does come out I'm going to sit on its sciatic nerve. Anyway, I'm trying to walk because that's supposed to help labor progress but when it hurts from the small of my back all the way down my right leg, walking isn't a whole lot of fun. Waaaaah!

Did manage to get a little theatre work done, but I spent most of today watching a marathon of "Blowout" on Bravo.

Sigh.

We've been receiving lots of phone calls and emails from people checking in, so thank you for that. It isn't a bother, really. It's kind of all we have to talk about right now so if you feel compelled to check in with us, it would be most welcome.

Comments

Meggan Davis said…
Mimi!! If no one has recommended it, and you've not seen them yet, may I suggest Buffy! It's good TV, and excellent for watching in marathon format! I have the DVDs, if you'd like them.

Just a thought.
Unknown said…
I second that! And Firefly... I can't imagine Philip hasn't already introduced you to both, but if he hasn't... well, shame to his claim of geekhood. Stina and I have both Buffy and Firefly if you'd like to borrow them. (...and Planet of the Apes, but they're on VHS)

Popular posts from this blog

dreaded doll

Yuki is now approaching the age where she is hearing at school that Santa perhaps does not exist and that things are coming from parents. This concern is also spreading to the area of the Tooth Fairy and the Switch Witch. But, Yuki still wants to believe in the magic.  So much so that while she expressed concern, she has yet to come out and ask us. So I suggested we watch Miracle on 34th Street which we did during Thanksgiving weekend and she was starry eyed. We wanted to help restore her faith in Christmas at least for one more year.  Enter: American Girl Doll Now, here is where the magic collides with reality. Yuki first  encountered  American Girl Doll in kindergarten when a few of her friends talked about theirs. When she first mentioned it I had a physical reaction to almost vomit. It was one of those "Disney Princess," "Barbie," and other things that the girls are supposed to get interested in that I dreaded. I don't have any problems with the...